Teach Children Water And Beach Safety To Prevent Tragedies
This week on social media we discussed something crucial to the health of every Southern California child: water and beach safety. While we talked about other things too – including how bananas decrease tooth sensitivity and which brands and flavors of toothpaste you prefer – the very busy meme we shared about water and beach safety is the one that could save a life.
Here’s a quick summary of some of the advice from this meme:
· Teach children early about water so they will become comfortable around it – and this includes teaching swimming and water safety at an early age.
· Always supervise actively, put barriers between children and dangerous water like in a pool and make sure you’re always where you can see the water and the children.
· Make sure children always swim with a buddy – and make sure buddies are designated in advance so there’s no controversy at the waterside.
· Teach children not to run, shove, jump or push when near a pool or the ocean.
· Make sure children know to always wear a personal flotation device when on or near the water – and make sure it fits.
· Instruct children in wearing sunscreen and why this step is necessary.
· Join your children in a sip of water every few minutes since staying hydrated is key to staying safe at poolside or oceanside.
· Get certified in first aid and infant/child CPR so you can take action if something happens.
See what we told you? The meme is busy – and also full of excellent information.
As a holistic dental practice, we do what we can to make sure our patients are happy and safe at all hours and all places. We want the best for you and your family at Brighton Dental in San Diego. Why not let us help how we can?
Click here to see the social media images