Purple Looks Great – Except On Your Teeth
Have you ever heard the poem about old women wearing purple with funny red hats that don’t match? It really doesn’t matter. We showed you a lot of purple on social media this week, and each purple square included some really great info.
Here is a look at a few important messages we shared with you in those purple memes:
· Why does it take a few days for your tongue to feel normal after a minor burn? That’s because of the 10-day taste bud life cycle, of course. And minor tongue burns don’t need medical attention, fortunately.
· Floss takes care of the 33 percent of your tooth surfaces that are between teeth – where your toothbrush can never reach. That part of your mouth won’t get clean if you don’t use floss.
· Brushing gently is all that’s necessary – not brushing really hard. You don’t get your teeth any cleaner when you brush hard, and you could do irreparable damage.
· Coffee is bad for your teeth, potentially leading to erosion and loss of tooth enamel, which will make your teeth brittle over time. So limit coffee – and, of course, brush after consuming anything.
· Tooth loss is not an inevitable part of aging. It’s something you can prevent or stave off with regular dental visits and good home care too.
We also pointed out that dental floss costs about $2 while a filling costs around $200 or more. Do you see why we recommend flossing so often? It’s economical, sensible and effective.
No matter where your dental and oral health stands today, we can help. Let us be your gentle dentist at Brighton Dental in San Diego. We’ll do a great job on your teeth and help you face tomorrow looking and feeling better than ever before. It’s a big promise, but it’s what we do every day.
Click here to see the social media images