Enhancing your smile can dramatically rejuvenate your entire appearance. Most people don't think of a smile makeover treatment as being an alternative to plastic surgery when in fact these cosmetic dental treatments can have a profound impact on the signs of aging and on your overall appearance in general.
Smile Makeover Options at Brighton Dental
After performing a comprehensive smile analysis, our smile makeover specialsit, Dr. Paige Woods, can advise you on the best cosmetic treatment or series of treatments for your goals.
Smile Makeover Options include:
- Zoom! teeth bleaching
- Porcelain veneers
- Dental implants
- Cosmetic enamel contouring
- Periodontal plastic surgery
- Gumline recontouring
- Gingival grafting
- Black line removal around old crowns
- Porcelain fillings
- Porcelain inlays
- Porcelain onlays
- Porcelain crowns
Dr. Woods also offers orthodontic solutions to help patients balance their bite and enhance their smile. They can evaluate you for treatment options such as:
- Invisalign® (invisible braces)
- Invisalign® Teen
- Ceramic tooth colored braces
- Removable orthodontics
- Orthodontic veneering (Instant Orthodontics)
By taking the following steps, our cosmetic dentists can also perform a procedure informally known as a "scalpeless facelift":
- Lip enhancement (fuller upper lip)
- Broadening of smile
- Fine line removal (around mouth wrinkle eraser)
Designing Your Smile Makeover
Experienced cosmetic dentist Dr. Paige Woods is proud to have honed her skills over the years and to be able to provide her guests with great results. Through the joy expressed by her patients, they have seen first-hand the life-changing potential of a smile makeover. A smile makeover has the capacity to:
- Improve self-esteem
- Boost confidence
- Improve jaw function
- Fix multiple tooth problems at once
- Enjoy long-lasting, potentially permanent, results
Our dentists don't perform smile makeovers with a one-size-fits-all approach. They are truly designers of gorgeous smiles.
Often a smile makeover has been completed on a client without properly assessing the situation or envisioning the final result. This can bring on frustration since expectations were not met and the end result was unsatisfactory or worse yet, nothing really fit properly. In our office, we go through a series of records in order to 1) preview and envision the final result and 2) create a blueprint that drives the process to completion.
Steps of the Smile Makeover Process
- 1. Assessment Photography: We utilize the best professional digital camera system to take complete series of photos to assess the relationship of the smile with facial features, assess the color composition of the teeth and the texture of teeth. Because the lower 1/3 of the face has a major impact on the perception of facial esthetics the role of a beautiful smile is undeniable and the proper photography allows us to evaluate it.
- 2. Assessment Imaging: Imaging of teeth are done to see how the changes we will be making fit with facial profiles and allow our clients to view them and give feedback. With imaging we try to show the objective of enhancement, to provide a restoration that fits harmoniously into the facial composition.
- 3. Assessment Waxup: This is the blueprint for the smile enhancement. It is created by taking extremely accurate imprints of teeth with a material that can actually reproduce the textural detail on a brand new dollar bill. We determine and register how your teeth meet in function and chewing. This will help us to avoid any interference in the final smile makeover that could prove disastrous. We must determine how your jaw fits in your skull, for instance, is the upper jaw at a slant in relation to the rest of the face? This way we can avoid having teeth longer on one side and shorter on the other. All this information is communicated with the ceramist who will make the waxup blueprint and actually create the final restorations. The ceramist technician is so important that we have contracted with one of the best in the world. They use all the information we give them to create the most flattering and attractive smile. Once the ideal relationship between the restoration and the facial soft tissues is achieved improvements in natural beauty can be expected to follow.
- 4. Diagnostic mock-up: With the application of a special tooth colored material, we can temporarily change the shape, length and spacing of teeth. This allows you to see right in the office how an enhancement of your smile affects the overall appearance of your face.